- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
The George Washington University welcomes applicants from all over the world and is committed to a diverse student body. For the most recent data on international graduate student enrollment, by country and school, please click here.
University Resources for International Students
The George Washington University has a full array of academic and co-curricular support services available to all GW graduate students, as well as a wide variety of international, ethnic and cultural organizations and other resources for international students. We encourage you to take advantage of all our services and opportunities:
- Academic Support Services
- Facilities, Libraries and Technology
- The Student Activities Center’s searchable database with details and contact information about GW student organizations.
- The International Services Office (ISO) provides assistance and information to international students, scholars and faculty at The George Washington University. Some of the services provided by ISO to the international members of the GW community include:
- Orientation programs for international students new to GW
- A pre-arrival guide for new students
- Immigration advising and information on immigration regulations
- Social and recreational activities
- Programs to foster intercultural relationships and learning
- Cultural adjustment workshops and support groups
Useful External Resources for International Students
We recommend a number of external resources that may be of help to you as you consider graduate study:
- With more than 450 locations around the world, EducationUSA Centers offer accurate, comprehensive, objective and timely information about educational opportunities in the United States. Both the local centers and the Education USA Website provide information on:
- Selecting the U.S. college or university that meets your needs;
- understanding and preparing for the required admissions tests;
- assistance in the admissions process;
- advice on finding financial aid for your studies;
- preparation for the student visa process;
- and pre-departure orientations.
- The U.S. government maintains several Web sites that provide good information for prospective international students:
- To help you understand and prepare for tests that may be required for admission:
- The International English Language Test (IELTS) Web site provides information on IELTS testing sites, registration and sample materials.
- The Educational Testing Service (ETS) Web site contains information on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Information on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is available on the Graduate Management Admission Council Web site.