Please note these instructions apply to applicants admitted to the following schools: College of Professional Studies, Elliott School of International Affairs, Law School, School of Business, School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, School of Nursing, and Milken Institute School of Public Health. Columbian College of Arts and Sciences and the Graduate School of Education and Human Development do not require deposits.
In order to secure your place in the incoming class, you must submit a non-refundable deposit. The amount of your deposit and the deadline for payment of your deposit will be detailed in your letter of admission. You may pay your deposit online via the GWeb Information System. GWeb is the university system that you will use throughout your time at GW to register for courses, view your grades, and access your student account. GWeb will allow you to pay your deposit either through credit card or electronic bank transfer.
Please follow these instructions to log into GWeb:
- Access GWeb at https://it.gwu.edu/gweb
- If you are new to GW, choose Applicants as your role and proceed to step 3. If you are a current GW student, staff member, or GW alum as of May 2019, choose your role at GW and continue to log in to GWeb using your GW NetID and password. Once logged in, please proceed to step 8.
- Enter your GWID in the UserID field. Your GWID is indicated in your letter of admission and may also be retrieved at gwid.gwu.edu.
- Your default PIN is your birthdate in MMDDYY format. (If you have previously accessed GWeb as a GW student, alumni, or employee, you may use your existing PIN and proceed to #7 on this list.)
- GWeb will now prompt you to change your PIN. Your new PIN must be six characters long and include both letters and numbers.
- Review the Terms of Usage and click Continue.
- After confirming your new PIN, create your security question. Write a question of your choice in the "Questions" box and enter the answer in the "Answer" box. Choose Submit to save this question or Reset to choose a different question.
- From the Main Menu page, choose Admissions. On the Admissions page, click Pay Enrollment Deposit.
- You will now be routed to TouchNet, the payment gateway.
- From the dropdown menu on the first screen, select the semester and year that you have been admitted as your enrollment term. PLEASE NOTE: selecting a term other than your admission term may result in delays in processing your deposit. Click Select.
- In the next dropdown menu, select the deposit category that corresponds to the school to which you have been admitted. Click Select.
- Choose either credit card or electronic check as your payment method.
Credit Card Payments
If you have chosen Credit Card as your payment method, the system will prompt you to enter your credit card information. The following credit cards are accepted for payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. The system will confirm your payment once you have entered the required information. Keep a copy of the Payment Confirmation page for your records. You will also receive an automatic e-mail confirming your payment.
Please note: The University accepts credit card payments for admission deposits only. Credit cards are not accepted for payment of tuition, course related fees, or housing.
Electronic Check Payments
If you have a U.S. bank account and wish to pay your deposit via electronic check, please follow these instructions:
- Choose Electronic Check (checking/savings) as your payment method.
- Enter your bank account information:
- Select the account type from the drop down menu (checking or savings)
- Enter the routing number.
- Enter the account number.
- Confirm the account number.
- Enter the name on the account and the billing address.
- To save this payment method for future use, check the box and create a name for this payment method.
- Click Continue.
- Review and agree to the terms of the authorization statement. Click Submit.
- Keep a copy of the Payment Confirmation page for your records. You will also receive an automatic e-mail confirming the payment.